Our Employee and Customer health are paramount as always. We have taken steps together to ensure that our teams are well-informed and adopting the necessary precautions to protect themselves, our customers, our communities, and those around them.
Here is a summary of those changes:
- Installing Sneeze Guard/Safety Shields at cash counters in most of our restaurants.
- Implemented Contact-Less Delivery to limit human to human interaction.
- Suspended online cash orders to limit interactions with Cash that can be germ carriers.
- Free Delivery at Participating restaurants.
- Limiting Carryout to 2 customers at a time in-store.
- Suspended Dine-in options in all restaurants.
- In addition to following restaurant food, health, and safety protocols.
We have made it Mandatory to install Safety Shield/Sneeze guard at reception counters to protect staff and takeout customers. Safety is our business.
We have introduced Contact-Less Delivery.
- We encourage customers to choose Contact-Less delivery rather than pick-up.
- We will place your order at a safe place near your front door or any other place as advised by you in the order notes.
- We will call the customer before or upon arrival. Without a response, in case of no instructions, we will ring the bell.
- Your driver will stay away at least 9 feet from the front door or get back in their vehicle.
- They will wait for the customer to pick-up their order.
- Once the order is received, they will then leave.
- In case the customer does not pick up their order, we will call the customer. Once the customer has been contacted, we will wait for a maximum of 5 minutes before leaving.
SUSPENDED ONLINE CASH ORDERS
We have suspended ordering online by Cash. Please avoid cash transactions as they are virus carriers.
We have started Free Delivery at many participating restaurants. Please visit our website and select a restaurant near you to see if they are participating in our Free Delivery promotion.
LIMITING CARRYOUT CUSTOMER
MAX 2 Customers at a time.
To implement social distancing and keeping a safe distance of at least 6ft, we put a limit of a maximum of 2 people at a time in Red Swan Pizza restaurants including SKIP drivers in our waiting area.
SUSPENDED DINE IN OPTION
We have closed dine-in areas in all Red Swan Pizza Restaurants.
GENERAL DELIVERY PRECAUSIONS
To ensure health and safety of our staff, drivers, customers, and the whole community, we recommend the following protocols to follow strongly for Delivery Drivers,
- Delivery drivers to wear Face mask and gloves to reduce contact with germs while handing over delivery to the customer.
- Maintain at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between driver and Customer.
- Encourage the customer to use Tap rather than inserting a Credit card or using Cash.
- Always set the payment machine to exact amount that allows the only customer to Tap (avoid customer touching the Machine), the Delivery driver can ask the customer if they want to skip the TIP or want to add few dollars or % and explain that it will help them not to touch the machine if they wish to and can just tap the machine to reduce contact as much as possible.
- Wipe the machine with disinfectant if used by the customer
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after every delivery
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
ADDITIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
We want to ensure our community of restaurants; Delivery drivers and customers are informed about how to protect themselves and others.
Based on guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Government of Canada, we recommend taking the following precautions in addition to food safety precautions:
- Stay at home if any staff or delivery driver is ill, even minor symptoms of flu, fever, difficulty breathing, cough etc. or encountering an infected person. Take medical care immediately.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or uses an alcohol-based hand rub with 65%-90% alcohol.
- Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth without having washed your hands
- Frequently clean commonly touched surfaces
- Stay at least 6 feet away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing. i.e. walk-in customer, staff, delivery driver, food supplier
- Sanitize or clean following on consistent basis after every use by staff or customer,
- Utensils, menus, door handles, tables, chairs, reception/countertop, Merchant machines, washroom door lock/handle, washroom sink faucet, Kitchen sink, Equipment etc.
- Have Delivery drivers and customer service rep/counter staff to keep as much distance as possible when delivering Pizza and clean the machine with wipes every time customers use it.
- Encourage the customer to pay wirelessly (machine Tap) rather than cash or inserting a chip card. Always wash hands after touching cash before touching anything else. Sanitize your machine every time it is used.
- Strongly follow safe food handling protocols.
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals, sanitizers, soap etc. are sufficiently available in areas as required i.e. washrooms, sinks, reception table etc.
- Strictly no social gatherings and unnecessary travel for all staff, drivers, and other team members.
- Have your staff, delivery driver or anyone on team contact local health authority and take 14 days isolation if you have any symptoms of flu.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare authority.
DISCLAIMER: While Red Swan Pizza and its affiliates do their best to accommodate the guidelines mentioned above, the changing situation day to day, changes in recommended health guidelines and every Red Swan store’s individual circumstances, We cannot guarantee that a customer’s request, including Contact-Less Delivery and carryout instructions or guidelines mentioned above, can or will be honoured by a store at all times. Red Swan Pizza and its affiliates reserve the right to use any process that they deem necessary or appropriate in their sole discretion. Red Swan Pizza and its affiliates are not responsible for errors or mistakes that may occur during the delivery or carryout.